Tuesday, October 03, 2006

FINAL PROJECT PROPOSAL

Ok, so I have no idea what to do for my final project. So as for now this is my leading idea. I was born and raised in LA and moved to SF about 7 months ago. My friends up here are about 50/50 socal/norcal. They seem to be always fighting over which one is better an on and on. So my idea for now is to make a video type montage with interviews, clips, and my own soundtrack that I will mix and edit. I hope to display vast opionions from both sides, and get to the bottom of this whole rivalry. If anyones got any input i'd love to hear it. When I'm done i'd like to put it up on youtube and hear what other people have to say. Maybe i'll take a side once I hear some more opinions.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

I never really understood the whole rivalry thing. I didn't even know people got into arguments about it. You never hear people shout "Cen(tral) Cal represent!"

I was thinking that maybe you can have themes for each segment like "food", "weather", or something random like "which city has cleaner highways".

I think the videos would be good to show people how different or the same these two broad locations are. I can see it as either educational/documentary and even humor/entertainment. I guess it depends what kind of audience you want.

Well I couldn't find any videos about nor vs. co cal. But I did find this lovely northern california portfolio. I'd expect yours to be more upbeat, and overall livlier.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Rio said...

i think this is a good idea, you could make it into more then a video like a whole site about so cal v. nor cal and have segments like andrea recommended with interviews or lists or even forums so people could add here own reasons why they are best. I found this article from the USC student newspaper. it makes some interesting points, is funy and surprisingly written by a Nor Cal person.

Oh and Andrea people do shout Cen Cal where i am from or Mid Cal depending on which guy who started these small shirt companies you claim to be friends with.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Wow. You learn something new everyday. I wonder where these areas begin and end. I have a vague idea.

Well, maybe a Cen Cal segment can be added as well, or at least alluded to.

1:37 PM  
Blogger aplett said...

I second the idea of adding a Cen Cal type segement, since the Bay Area really isn't Nor Cal ;)

12:14 AM  
Blogger caroline said...

I've never really gotten the "rivalry" between NorCal and SoCal. We're the same state, aren't we? U.N.I.T.Y.! Anyway, I think your idea sounds pretty cool, and it'd be something I'd want to see. I can see it being one of those funny type videos up on youTube (like the "fanatics" about which one is better going nuts in their interviews). I agree about adding a segment about Central Cal ... a reference to it would be interesting as well.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home